• Tuesday, May 17, 2022
  • Last Update : 04:24 pm

Recruiting agency owner arrested over murder of migrant worker in KSA

  • Published at 07:52 pm September 17th, 2020
The arrestees are Md Kiron Hossain, 27, and Abu Sayem alias Sifat, 26
Mokbul Hossain, the owner of MH Trade International, and his associate Parvej Ahmed, arrested during a RAB raid in Dhaka on Thursday, September 17, 2020 Collected

The teenage girl was sent to KSA with a passport that said she was a 30-year-old woman  

The Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on Thursday arrested two people including the owner of a recruiting agency based in Dhaka, over the death of Umme Kulsum, who was sent to Saudi Arabia as a domestic help.

Mokbul Hossain, owner MH Trade International, along with his associate Parvej Ahmed, were arrested from the recruiting agency’s Fakirapool office in Dhaka during a raid on Thursday afternoon, confirmed Polash Kumar Basu, an executive magistrate of the elite force.

“We have received two complaints, based on which the raid was conducted. One of the complaints was from Kulsum’s family,” he said. 

Talking to reporters after the drive, the magistrate said that a case against the two will be filed soon for human trafficking. 

According to RAB, some 17 months ago, a local broker named Razzak Mia sent Kulsum – the daughter of Shahidul Islam of Brahmanbaria’s Nurpur village – to Saudi Arabia as a house help through Mokbul’s recruiting agency in exchange of Tk30,000.  

Mokbul has also been accused of falsifying Kulsum's age to 30 in her travel documents, Polash added.

Immediately after she arrived in the desert country as domestic help, Kulsum’s employer started to torture her, RAB sources said. Kulsum’s family, after getting informed about the matter, sought the help of the recruiting agency to bring her back home.

But the agency did not cooperate and told Kulsum’s family that their daughter had been severely beaten by her employer.

She then was left on the streets of Saudi Arabia with one of her eyes damaged, her waist, knees, and legs were broken due to the intense torture. At one-point local police rescued and admitted the 14-year-old to a local hospital where she succumbed to her injuries on August 9.

Her body was brought back home on September 11.

Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail