• Saturday, Jan 29, 2022
  • Last Update : 03:02 am

Khadiza to go through another major skull surgery

  • Published at 06:02 pm October 30th, 2016
  • Last updated at 07:15 pm October 30th, 2016
Khadiza to go through another major skull surgery
AM Rejaus Sattar, a neurosurgeon at the Square Hospital in the city, told the Dhaka Tribune that they would conduct a Cranioplasty bone flap replacement on her skull. "We need to observe her very closely and would go for the operation within three weeks," said the neurosurgeon. “Khadiza has been bringing up irrelevant topics while she is conscious.  However, she was able to recognise her parents and talking to them in some extent." While updating the Dhaka Tribune about Khadiza’s condition, Mirza Nazim Uddin, assistant medical director of Square Hospital, told the Dhaka Tribune that the surgery is required since her injuries are still in perilous condition. He said: “Khadiza is improving rapidly. If her conditions get stable we would go for another surgery. She was taken to the cabin few days back after her paralysed left portion started responding. She can move her left leg slowly but her the hand (left) is yet to respond.” Meanwhile, Sylhet Metropolitan Police ADC Jedan al Musasaid said that they were completing the formalities for filing charge sheet on the case soon. However, Sylhet police sources said they are also waiting gather victim's testimony. The process is delayed since Khadiza is yet to gain ample physical capabilities to provide a statement. Khadiza, 23, an honours second-year student at Sylhet Government Women’s College, was viciously attacked on October 3 evening by Badrul Alam, fourth-year economics student at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) and a leader of the university's Chhatra League wing, while she was on her way back home after taking an exam at Sylhet MC College exam centre. Locals rescued severely wounded Khadiza and took her to Osmani Medical College Hospital, while others gave Badrul a good beating before handing him over to Shah Paran police station. The victim was later transferred to Square Hospital in Dhaka on Tuesday where she underwent surgery and is currently on life support. Doctors put her in 72 hours of observation and said she had about 10% chance of survival.
Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail