Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal has said that the charge-sheet in the Gulshan Holey Artisan Bakery terrorist attack case will be submitted sometime soon.
The minister was speaking to journalists at his office in the Secretariat on Sunday.
Also Read- RAB arrests 10 persons linked to Holey Artisan attackers
Several officials of Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica), whose employees were killed in the Gulshan attack, recently met the home minister to inquire about the case.
Kamal said: “We just took time to collect strong evidence in support of our findings in the case. It [charge sheet] is almost ready. The law enforcement agency will submit the charges any day.
“After submitting the charge sheet, exemplary punishment will be given to the culprits involved with the terror attack. We hope the judiciary will finish the trial process in the shortest possible time.”
Also Read- IGP: Ready to press charge in Gulshan attack case
When asked about this year's security measures after experiencing terror attacks in Ramadan and Eid last year, Kamal said: “We are more alert now. Our intelligence and detectives are getting updated information every day. Our law enforcement agencies are discharging their duties with more professionalism. They are willing to sacrifice their lives for the safety and security of the public.”
Each law enforcement agency is setting up its own security system across the country, the minister said.
“We hope that such incidents will not occur again,” he added.
Kamal also said that additional security measures had been taken for commercial organisations.
“During Ramadan and Eid season, large amounts of money change hands in the shopping malls and markets. So we have taken special measures for businesspeople and the traders,” he said.