Both of them were declared dead at Dhaka Medical College and Hospital
A man and his spouse have been electrocuted at their house in Dhaka's Jatrabari area.
The incident took place on Saturday.
The deceased are Jahangir Alam, 50, a resident of Pirojpur, and Aklima Begum, 37. They lived in a rented tin-shed house located on Konapara Alamin Road.
Jatrabari police station Sub-Inspector (SI) Laizu said Jahangir came into contact with a live electric wire around 5am, when he went to bathe in the bathroom.
His wife Aklima also suffered electric shock as she tried to save Jahangir, she said.
Jahangir, a mason by profession, was brought to the Emergency Department of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), where the on-duty physician declared him dead around 6am, she said.
As relatives of the deceased thought Aklima was not in a critical condition, she was treated at home, the police official said.
However, Aklima was later found unconscious in her room and taken immediately to DMCH, where the on-duty physician also declared her dead around 1:30pm, the SI said.
Both bodies have been kept at the hospital morgue for autopsy, he added.