• Saturday, Feb 04, 2023
  • Last Update : 09:54 am

Narayanganj gas cylinder explosion: Another victim dies in hospital

  • Published at 12:18 pm March 11th, 2021
Narayanganj fire gas cylinder blast
Aftermath of a fire caused by gas cylinder explosion on the top floor of the six-storey building in Narayanganj’s Fatullah which left six people injured on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 Dhaka Tribune

Four others are undergoing treatment in critical condition

So far, two people have died, out of the six who were burnt in a gas explosion in Narayanganj.

Mahfuzul died at the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital around 12:30pm on Thursday.

Partha Sanker Paul, resident surgeon of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery, confirmed the matter to Dhaka Tribune.

Dr Partha Sanker Paul said that about 80% of Mahfuzul's body was burnt.

He was undergoing treatment at the intensive care unit of the National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery when he died.

Also, 27-year-old Md Mishal, who suffered 90% burns from the explosion died on Wednesday while receiving treatment at the ICU of the institute.

He further said that the condition of the rest is also critical. At present four people including three children are under treatment.

The doctor said, Minhaj, 18 months, is suffering from 50% burns on his body and Md Sabbir, 15, 42%. Both of them are undergoing treatment in the ICU.

Also read: Narayanganj gas cylinder explosion: 1 victim dies at hospital

Mita, 23, and her daughter, 5, are undergoing treatment with 14% and 10% burns respectively.

On Tuesday, fire erupted from an explosion on the top floor of the six-storey building in Masdai Patenga Mor area of the upazila in the early hours of Tuesday, around 12:30am.

Garment worker Mishal, his wife Mita, 23, their one-year sold son Minhaj, five-year-old daughter Afsana and Mita’s two brothers Mahfuj and Sabbir, were injured in the blaze.

Deputy Director of Narayanganj Fire and Civil Service Mohammad Abdullah Al Arefin told Dhaka Tribune that the explosion was caused by a leak in a cylinder gas. It is thought that the gas leaked and spread throughout the flat, then came in contact with an electric spark or a combustible object.

The victims were first admitted to Narayanganj General Hospital, and were later transferred to Dhaka as their conditions worsened.

Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail