Locals rescued and admitted the victims to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital
Three people were burnt in a gas cylinder explosion in Savar on Monday afternoon.
The victims were identified as Sadia Akhter, 22, local garment factory worker Shajib, 25, and his wife Sharifa Akhter, 21.
The incident took place at a local resident’s house in Ashulia’s Nishchintopur area.
Quoting locals, Ashulia police station Sub-Inspector (SI) Shafiullah said that Shajib and his wife came home on Monday afternoon for a lunch break.
After opening the door of their room, there was a sudden explosion and a fire broke out, leaving the three victims injured, he added.
Later, locals rescued and admitted them to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
According to the police, locals also brought the fire under control by collecting water from nearby sources.
Jahangir Alam, senior station officer of Ashulia DEPZ fire service, said their team left for the spot and returned when they reached Jamgara area after receiving news about the fire being already under control.
Later, they determined that the incident was the result of a gas cylinder explosion.