The decease’s sibling is also in a critical condition and currently undergoing treatment
A five-year-old has succumbed to death from burn injuries which she sustained in a fire at her house in Dhaka’s Kamrangirchar on July 9, taking the death toll to three.
With 42% burns, Aisha passed away on Wednesday morning while undergoing treatment at the high dependency unit of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery (SHNIBPS), said the institute’s Resident Surgeon Dr Partha Shankar Paul.
Earlier on July 10, the girl’s parents, Yasmin Akter, 35, and Abdul Matin, 40, also succumbed to death from burn injuries over 90%.
Her sibling Maisha, who suffered 45% burn injuries, is in critical condition and currently undergoing treatment at SHNIBPS.
Meanwhile, Aisha’s cousin Raihan, 25, the other individual injured in the fire, suffered 10-12% burns and was released after primary treatment.
Speaking to Dhaka Tribune on July 9, Yasmin’s relative Towhid said the family lived in a flat on the ground floor of a two-storey building.
In the room adjacent to the family’s residence, there was an easybike battery that was plugged in for charging the night before.
“We suspect the battery might have exploded and caused the fire,” he added.