He came into contact with an electrical wire while doing plaster work of a building in Matuail
A man died after being electrocuted in the capital’s Jatrabari area on Thursday.
The deceased is Alamgir Hossain, 25, a construction worker by profession.
His co-worker Mehedi Hasan said Alamgir had lost consciousness after coming into contact with an electrical wire while doing plaster work on the third floor of a building in Matuail at around 4:30pm on Wednesday.
Alamgir was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) at first and was later shifted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery as his limbs had been slightly burnt.
The doctor on duty at the institute’s emergency department pronounced him dead at 5:30pm.
Inspector Bacchu Miah of DMCH police outpost said: “The body is currently at the DMCH morgue and the police station concerned has been notified.”