The concerned police station has been informed of the incident
A man died after being electrocuted in Dhaka’s Aftabnagar area on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Azizur Rahman, 35, a mason by profession and a resident of Ulipur upazila under Kurigram district.
According to Sazu Miya, the younger brother and co-worker of the deceased, they were working on the first floor of an under-construction building in Badda’s
Aftabnagar on Tuesday afternoon. When Azizur tried to switch on an electric motor to drain the water accumulated on the floor, he got electrocuted and became unconscious.
Later he was taken to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) by his brother, where the doctor on duty declared him dead.
Confirming the incident, DMCH police outpost In-Charge Inspector Md Bachchu Mia said the body was kept at the hospital morgue for autopsy.
Moreover, the concerned police station has been informed of the incident.