Policy for online recruitment must be formulated, approved
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has allowed the holding of online tests and interviews for the recruitment of all kinds of employees in order to continue educational activities during the Covid-19 pandemic.
A letter signed by UGC Secretary (Additional Responsibilities) Ferdous Zaman was sent to the vice chancellors and registrars of all public universities in this regard on Sunday.
The letter said: “Online educational activities are being conducted at universities. If it is not possible to take conventional recruitment tests and interviews, the recruitment process can be completed with online tests and interviews in the interest of continuing the education process.”
According to the letter, online recruitment tests and interviews may be held subject to five conditions.
The conditions are:
- Online recruitment tests and interviews cannot conflict with the laws of the universities
- In accordance with the laws, statutes and rules of the university and in view of the demand of the authority concerned, the recruitment process should be started by publishing an open notification against the approved posts
- A policy should be approved by the syndicate as per the recommendation of the Academic Council of Universities for conducting online recruitment tests and interviews
- Audio and video of online recruitment tests and interviews should be properly stored for at least 2 years
- The original certificates of selected applicants should be verified and appointment letters issued