A married couple has suffered critical burns when the gas cylinder in their home in Manikganj exploded on Wednesday morning.
The injured are Hamidur Rahman, 45, and his wife Sabina Yasmin, 40, residents of Gongadhor Potti in Manikganj.
Locals said the explosion occurred when when Sabina was cooking.
They were immediately taken to the district hospital around 5am, according to a senior nurse.
The hospital's resident medical officer said Sabina suffered 70% burns and Hamidur suffered approximately 60% burns.
Later, they were shifted to the Burn & Plastic Surgery Department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital for better treatment when their condition deteriorated.