They suffered electric shock while putting wet clothes on an iron wire
A mother and her daughter died by electrocution in Tangail.
In the same incident, another person suffered injuries from electric shock.
The terrible incident occurred in Kalia union of the district's Shakhipur upazila on Friday afternoon.
The deceased are - Zamila Begum, 38, wife of Noor Mohammad, and Sumaiya Akhter, 10.
Confirming the incident, local Union Council member Majibur Rahman Fakir told Dhaka tribune that Zamila Begum's 10-year-old daughter Sumaiya, at Binnori Para village, was electrocuted while she was putting clothes to dry on an iron wire.
The incident took place around 5:00pm.
When she shouted for help, her mother Zamila rushed to her rescue, and also received an electric shock.
In a terrible turn of events, Zamila's eldest daughter Arifa Akhter went to help her mother and sister, and sustained electric shock as well.
All three were rushed to Shakhipur upazila health complex. Zamila and Sumaiya were declared dead on arrival by the on-duty medical officer. While critically injured Arifa is undergoing treatment at the upazila health complex.
Shakhipur police station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Ameer Mossain confirmed the matter, and said that an Unnatural Death case was filed with the concerned police station.