• Friday, Jun 09, 2023
  • Last Update : 06:33 pm

Narayanganj mosque blast: Titas, district admin bodies fail to submit probe report

  • Published at 08:41 pm September 10th, 2020
Aftermath of explosion causing a fatal fire at mosque in Narayanganj is seen in this picture taken on September 6, 2020 Md Manik/Dhaka Tribune

Dhaka Power Distribution Committee has already submitted its probe report

The probe committees of Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Ltd (TDTGCL) and the Narayanganj district administration that were formed over the Fatullah mosque blast could not submit their findings on Thursday as scheduled, reports Bangla Tribune.

The gas company’s probe body got four more days and the district administration body sought a five-day extension to submit their respective reports.

The blast took place in Baitus Salah Jame Mosque during Esha prayers on the night of September 4 claiming 31 lives till Thursday.

A highly-placed official at the gas company, preferring anonymity, said the five-member probe body headed by Titas Gas General Manager Abdul Wahab sought an extension to the deadline for submitting its report.

“Duly, we had to consider their demand. So, they are given time till Wednesday,” he said, hinting that they may receive the findings on Wednesday morning.

Interestingly, he could not say why the probe body sought the deferral.

“The reason for the extension of time will be known once they submit their report,” the official said.

However, the head of the probe committee could not be reached over the prone despite repeated attempts for his comments over the delay in submitting the report.

Meanwhile, Narayanganj Additional District Magistrate and head of the district administration’s probe body, Khadiza Tahera Bobby, without revealing their findings, said they sought a week, but got five days.

“But there has been impressive progress in the investigation. We gathered adequate information. Then again, there is a lot to be done,” she said.  

Meanwhile, Dhaka Power Distribution Committee has already submitted its probe report just two days after forming a committee to look into the blast.