8 others who fell sick after drinking toxic liquor, are undergoing treatment at local hospitals
A student of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) died, and eight others have fallen sick after taking toxic liquor in Chandrapratap village of Sadar upazila in Magura on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Biplob Kumar Das, 16, son of Bikash Kumar of the village.
Those who fell sick are– Ruhul Sardar, 19, Sajib Biswas, 29, Partho Biswas, 24, Shubho Biswas, 22, Nanda Biswas, 17, Pritam Biswas, 14, Dipankar Biswas, 23, and Antu Biswas, 14. They are undergoing treatment at different hospitals of the district.
Confirming the matter to Dhaka Tribune, Sanjiban Bishwas, chairman of Atharokhada union said: “A total of nine people including the deceased fell sick after taking excessive liquor during Durga Puja celebration on Monday night.
Police said Biplob died on Wednesday morning at a hospital.
When contacted, Superintendent of Magura Police Khan Muhammad Rezwan, said: “We have sent our men to the spot of the incident.
“Necessary steps will be taken upon further investigation.”