The fire, which started around 5am on Sunday, might have been caused by a short circuit, says the Fire Service
A man and his wife have been burnt to death as a fire broke out at their house in Mathbaria of Pirojpur.
The incident took place in the early hours of Sunday, when people of the country, particularly the youth, are celebrating Pohela Falgun, a festival welcoming the advent of spring, coinciding with Valentine's Day.
Also Read - Gazipur factory fire contained, one dead
Saiful and Moni Akter, both residents of Ward 6 under Mathbaria municipality, were asleep when the fire gutted their house, said Mathbaria police station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Md Masuduzzaman.
Saiful, an autorickshaw driver by profession, married Moni five to six months back, locals said.
Mathbaria Fire Service Station Officer Md Sumon Mia said the fire, which started around 5am, might have been caused by a short circuit.