• Sunday, Aug 14, 2022
  • Last Update : 04:24 pm

3 killed due to methane poisoning in Bhola

  • Published at 05:16 pm March 14th, 2021
Bhola-map

The victims were working in the septic tank of the Chachra Government Primary School building in southwest Bhola

Three people have died due to gas poisoning while working on a septic tank in Bhola.

The deceased were identified as Md Rakib, 35, Saddam, both from Shibpur Khasherhat area of Shombhupur union under Tazumuddin upazila 30, and Alauddin, 35, of Chachra union of Tazumuddin upazila, confirmed Chachra Union Parishad Chairman Reazuddin Hannan.

The incident took place at around 12pm on Sunday when the workers were cleaning a septic tank at the Chachra Government Primary School building, in the Chachra village of Chachra union in Bhola’s Tazumuddin upazila.

According to locals, Rakib and Saddam were working in the septic tank of the cyclone shelter and school.

While working on the tank, gas started to leak, leading to methane poisoning. Rakib and Saddam screamed for help and Alauddin rushed to rescue them, however all three were killed instantly on the spot.

Tazumuddin Upazila Nirbahi Officer Pallab Kumar Hajra confirmed the matter to Dhaka Tribune.