Fire guts products in the back store of the supershop
A fire broke out inside an outlet of Meena Bazar, a leading superstore chain in Bangladesh, in the capital’s Dhanmondi early on Friday.
Flames erupted at the back store of the Meena Bazar outlet on Dhanmondi Road 27 around 5.30am due to an electrical short circuit, authorities said in media statement.
A crew from the Mohammadpur Fire Service rushed to the scene soon after and managed to put out the flames after four hours, it said.
The fire gutted the products stored in the area as well as the infrastructure, the authorities said before adding they were working to ascertain the extent of losses.