The deceased were taken to local hospitals where the doctors declared them dead
Two people including a child died of electrocution in Nagarpur and Sakhipur upazilas of Tangail district on Tuesday.
The deceased were identified as Smriti Rani, 7, daughter of Ratan Kumar Sarkar of Kalidas village in Sakhipur upazila, and Mia Chan, 65, son of late Kader of Barigram village in Nagarpur upazila.
Joynal Abedin, SI of Sakhipur police station, said that Smriti, also a student at a local temple, woke up in the morning and went to play behind the house.
“Later, she got electrocuted as she touched a wire left abandoned on Monday night,” he added.
Also Read - 2 workers die from electrocution in the capital
The child was rescued by her relatives and taken to the Upazila Health Complex. Upon arrival, Smriti was declared dead by the doctors.
Police filed an unnatural death case in this regard.
On the other hand, farmer Mia Chan died after getting electrocuted while trying to switch on an irrigation pump.
According to local sources, the pump room remained shut for a long time. Mia Chan went to run it on Tuesday.
He was later rescued and taken to Nagarpur Upazila Health Complex where the doctor on duty declared him dead.