One touched an electric pole, and the others tried to rescue him
Four members of a family were electrocuted at Shilmudi village in Bajra union of Sonaimuri upazila on Friday.
The deceased have been identified as Abdur Rahim, Sumon, 26, Md Jewel, 18, and Yusuf, 48.
Confirming the deaths, Bajra Union Parishad Chairman Miron Aur Rashid said, Abdur Rahim, a resident of the local Shaheed Maulana's house in Shilmudi village, fell into a paddy field next to his house on Friday evening and got electrocuted when he touched an electricity pole trying to keep balance.
When the three others stepped forward to rescue him, they too got electrocuted one by one.
Also Read - 3 electrocuted to death in Chapainawabganj
The locals later rescued the four and brought them to the health complex of Bajra upazila where the on-duty doctor declared them dead.
Sonaimuri police station Officer in-Charge (OC) Md Touhidul Islam confirmed the information to UNB.
“An inquest into the body has been completed. The family has applied to the district magistrate for burial without an autopsy,” he added.