The woman died while attempting to save her son
An elderly woman and her son died from electrocution in Ranisankail upazila of Thakurgaon on Friday.
The deceased were identified as Abdul Kader 32, and his mother Afroza Begum, 55.
According to Nandua Union Chairman Jamirul Islam, Kader received a massive electric shock when he tried to switch on the irrigation pump in the evening.
Also Read - 4 of a family electrocuted in Noakhali
As he was not returning home, his mother went to their farm to find him with her grandson. Later, when she tried to rescue Kader, Afroza too fell victim to electric shock.
Their bodies were recovered later by locals and police.