An unnatural death case was filed in this regard
A total three members of a family died from electrocution in Khaliajuri upazila of Netrakona district on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Saibul Miah, 50, his wife Abeda Akther, 40 and their daughter Pinky Akther, 25.
Their other two-year-old daughter Taposia Akther also suffered injuries.
OC of Khaliajuri police station Md Mujibur Rahman said Saibul Miah was electrocuted when he touched an electric wire during construction work on his house.
Abeda and Pinky were electrocuted when they tried to save Saibul, he added quoting witnesses.
Injured Taposia was first taken to the upazila health complex and then to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital for better treatment.
An unnatural death case was filed over the incident.