• Monday, Mar 27, 2023
  • Last Update : 10:24 am

NRBC Bank holds lottery draw for IPO

  • Published at 05:55 pm March 3rd, 2021

The bank received 10.86 times more bid for its 12 crore shares up on sale for general investors as part of its IPO to raise Tk 120 crore

A digital lottery draw for the initial public offering (IPO) of NRB Commercial (NRBC) Bank was held on Wednesday as the company’s IPO was more than 10.86 times oversubscribed.

The results of the lottery to determine which subscribers would receive shares have been published on the official websites of the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE), Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE), and the bank.

The bank received 10.86 times more bid for its 12 crore shares up on sale for general investors as part of its IPO to raise Tk 120 crore via the fixed price method.

General investors were allocated 60 per cent of the shares and institutional investors the remaining 40 per cent.

The seven-year-old bank will use Tk 110 crore of the IPO proceeds to purchase government securities, Tk 6.05 crore for investment in the secondary market and Tk 3.95 crore as IPO expenses.

On November 18 last year, the bank got the securities regulator's approval to raise the funds through an IPO.

It is the first bank to be listed on the country's stock market in 12 years.

Asian Tiger Capital Partners and AFC Capital are the issue managers of the bank.

"The bank’s compliance would further enhance through its listing in the stock market, which is also good for us. From now on, it would be a public bank,” said Parvez Tamal, chairman of NRBC Bank.

According to an audited report of the year ended on 31 December, 2019, the bank's net profit was Tk 115.36 crore.

The net asset value per share (NAVPS) of the bank is at Tk 13.86. Its deposits stood at Tk 9,480 crore and its loans Tk 7462 Crore, according to the latest data from the bank.

NRBC Bank was established on February 20, 2013 and began operating from 4 April the same year.

The bank has 83 branches, 400 sub-branches and 589 agents across the country.

Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail