Seeing his master in distress, Makkusu’s dog ran to him, trying to pull away the power cable but got electrocuted
An Indian farmer named M Mokkusu died trying to save his cow from being electrocuted by a power line on Tuesday morning. The 65-year-old farmer’s loyal dog saw that his master’s life was in danger and tried to pull away the power cable. The dog was electrocuted in the process as well.
The incident took place in a village near Madurai in Tamil Nadu. Local police villagers rushed to the spot as soon as they heard about the incident, according to The Times of India.
Mokkusu took the cow to his farmland around 7:30 am for grazing and they were accompanied by his dog. The cow ran into the power cable which had snapped on the field due to heavy rainfall the night before. The cow was instantly electrocuted and fell down.
The farmer tried to save his cow and was electrocuted as well. Seeing his master in distress, Makkusu’s dog ran to him, trying to pull away the power cable. The accident claimed all three lives.
The authorities shut off power in the area to recover the dead bodies. The government will arrange compensations for the farmer’s family.
According to the Times of India the dog was around 6 years old and he accompanied Makkusu every day on his daily routine. The villagers mourned the tragic incident and praised the dog for his bravery.