Despite being constructed during the Suri dynasty, the mosque is an anomaly of style and design
On the west bank of Atrai river, under the Manda Upazila of Naogaon District, stands a magnificent piece of architecture named Kusumba mosque, named after the village of Kusumba. It was built during the period of Afghan rule in Bangladesh by a high-ranking official named Sulaiman. It was built under one of the last Suri rulers. His name was Ghiyasuddin Bahadur Shah. Although the mosque was built under the suri rule, the architectural pattern was not influenced by the earlier Suri architecture of North India. It was constructed in a Bengal style. At the eastern central entrance, the inscription mentions the time period of construction of the mosque to 966 AH (1558-59 AD). The inscription tablet is mostly rendered in Arabic, except the part "built by", which is in Persian. The foundation and most of the building was constructed from bricks, although the outer walls, some interior walls, side screens, and columns are of stone.