• Thursday, Dec 01, 2022
  • Last Update : 09:54 am

Coronavirus: Daily deaths fall for third day to 5,417

  • Published at 05:07 am April 13th, 2020
New York-coronavirus
File Photo: Bodies are moved to a refrigeration truck serving as a temporary morgue at Wyckoff Hospital in the Borough of Brooklyn on April 6 in New York AFP

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,315,432

The world saw a decline in the number of new deaths from the coronavirus for the third consecutive day, raising hopes that the worst of the global outbreak may be over.

Sunday's increase of 5,417 deaths means 114,196 had died in total.

The numbers were 675 lower than that of the previous day, which were 6,092.

Sunday’s deaths decreased by 26.7% from April 7, which were a record highest 7,385.

A week ago, on April 5, the number of new deaths worldwide was 4,739 and a week before that on March 29, it was 3,211.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,315,432.

Of the active cases 1,264,573 (96%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 50,859 (4%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 423,708 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 79% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 114,253 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 21% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 206 countries and territories around the world.

50
Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail