• Monday, Nov 28, 2022
  • Last Update : 10:24 am

Coronavirus: Extension in daily death rate

  • Published at 05:56 am April 29th, 2020
Coronavirus-main-covid
Representational photo Bigstock

According to Worldometers, a total of 218,010 people have died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of April 29, 2020

The world saw an increase in the number of new daily deaths from the coronavirus after a reduction the two previous days.

The daily death toll around the world from the coronavirus rose to 6,365 on Tuesday, taking the total number of deaths to 217,813. It is 1,833 higher than that of the previous day, which was 4,532.

A week ago, on April 21, the number of new deaths worldwide was 6,940 and a week before that on April 14, it was 7,142.

Tuesday’s numbers were an increase of 19% from the previous day.

According to Worldometers, a total of 218,010 people have died so far from the coronavirus Covid-19 outbreak as of April 29, 2020. There are currently 3,138,886 confirmed cases in 210 countries and regions. 

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 1,965,386.

Of the active cases 1,907,849 (97%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 56,966 (3%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 956,070 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 81% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 218,010 lives, which is 19% of total cases with outcomes, since it was discovered in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into an outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, the coronavirus Covid-19 has affected 210 countries and territories around the world.

50
Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail