Director Dipankar Dipon's acclaimed action thriller “Dhaka Attack” on Friday successfully completed a 100-day run in theatres after its release on October 6 last year.
Expressing his gratitude to the audience and his cast and crew, Dipon said that the day came with extra happiness for the whole team. “Just visit one of the prominent theatres in Dhaka and you will get the feeling as if “Dhaka Attack” was released last week,” he said.
From Friday, Dipon said, four theatres in Dhaka - Balaka, Madhumita, Shyamoli and Motimahal – have started screening the blockbuster film again facing demand from the audience.
In jubilation of his debut feature film success, the 41-year-old filmmaker looked back to the days when his attempt to make “Dhaka Attack” was repeatedly rebuked by many around him.
“I am truly grateful to the audience who believed in me. I have learnt that one has to be live honest, think honest and put their belief in the power of the audience to do something big,” he wrote in a post on Facebook on Friday.
“I will keep trying,” Dipon told the fans. “Even if I do not get paid and receive any award. All I want is your love and support.”
“Dhaka Attack,” which is said to be the first cop-action thriller of Dhallywood, has Arifin Shuvo and Mahiya Mahi in the leading roles. The film also boasts a heavyweight cast including Syed Hasan Imam, Alamgir, Afzal Hossain, Laila Hasan, ABM Suman, Shatabdi Wadud and Nawshaba, among others.
To make the adrenaline-pumping story more realistic to the audience, the film’s cast also featured a number of real life police officials in the film. Apart from Dipon on the director’s chair, the creative team included Dhaka Metropolitan Police Additional Deputy Commissioner, Sunny Sanwar, who wrote the story of the action-packed film.