The 27-year old has lost his regular first-team spot under United boss Solskjaer and was limited to nine league starts in the 2019-20 season
Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard has opened up about his personal struggles in a heartfelt message on social media, saying he was "lost as a player and person" during the 2019-20 campaign.
Lingard's goal in the closing stage of a 2-0 win at Leicester City Sunday - which secured Champions League qualification for third-placed United - was his first Premier League strike in 18 months.
The 27-year old has lost his regular first-team spot under United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and was limited to nine league starts in the 2019-20 season.
In an interview with the Daily Mail last December, Lingard said he took on greater responsibility for his younger siblings after his mother became unwell earlier in the season.
Lingard also said he had feared for his United future after posting a bizarre video on social media with team mate Marcus Rashford before the start of the last campaign.
Lingard has been linked in the media with a move away from United in the current transfer window, having less than a year remaining on his contract.
Leave a Comment