• Tuesday, Aug 16, 2022
  • Last Update : 04:24 pm

Mustafiz absence frustrates Sussex coach

  • Published at 09:54 pm June 20th, 2016
Mustafiz absence frustrates Sussex coach

Sussex coach Mark Davis has said that it is getting hard to replace Mustafizur Rahman whose stint with the county side remains uncertain. Ahead of their NatWest T20 Blast game against Gloucestershire, Sussex are without Mustafizur's first replacement David Wiese and now Chris Jordan who is away on England duty.

On June 9, the BCB informed that Mustafizur would take at least two weeks to be ready but last week, trainer Mario Villavarayan said that it would take him a month to recover from the injuries.

We have a couple of people but it is very late in the day so it is very hard to get replacements. The top players in the world have been signed or are playing CPL or their countries aren’t allowing them to play. That’s the frustration because we have chosen Mustafizur as probably the No.1 bowler in the world in that format,” Davis told the Brighton-based Argus.

I spoke to the Bangladesh head coach and he said he would be assessed after two weeks, which is now. It hasn’t been easy to nail Bangladesh down. Their coach has been the one I have got most direction from. But we are also dealing with physios and trainers who are putting things on the internet. I am sure we will get it nailed down,” he added.