Manchester United have agreed a 75m pound ($97m) deal for Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, a source close to the negotiations told Reuters on Thursday.
The move, which is not connected to any talks of a Wayne Rooney deal in the opposite direction, is expected to be formally announced within the next 36 hours.
Lukaku had been United's number one target for next season, the source said.
United will not now be pursuing any interest in Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata.
"Chelsea's interest in Lukaku allowed United to fly under the radar on this," the source said. "But he has been the club's number one target."
There had been much speculation that the Belgian international would return to Chelsea, which he joined in 2011.
Last season Lukaku became the first Everton player since Bob Latchford to score 25 goals in two consecutive seasons in all competitions.
The Belgian was named in the PFA Team of the Year for the first time, and was also included in the six player shortlists for the PFA Player of the Year and PFA Young Player of the Year awards.
Casillas extends Porto stay
Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas has extended his contract with FC Porto by a year.
The former Real Madrid shot-stopper, capped a record 167 times by Spain, joined Porto in 2015 after racking up 510 first team games over a 16-season stretch in the Spanish capital.
Clichy set for move to Basaksehir Istanbul
Former Manchester City and Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy is set to join Turkish club Basaksehir Istanbul, local press agency Anadolu reported on Thursday.
The 31-year-old became a free agent when his contract at City ran out in June.
Former France international Clichy is expected to sign a contract with Basaksehir, who finished second behind Besiktas in the Turkish Super Lig last season, on Friday after a medical.
He struggled to hold down a first-team place at the Etihad Stadium in recent years, making just 30 league appearances across the last two seasons.
The deal brings an end to his 14-year stay in the English Premier League, after he joined Arsenal in 2003.
Clichy is the third former France international to move to Turkey in the close season, after attacking midfielder Mathieu Valbuena joined Fenerbahce and striker Bafetimbi Gomis signed for Galatasaray.
Leicester say Iborra deal complete
Leicester City said on Thursday their signing of Vicente Iborra from Sevilla would be a four-year deal and they had agreed terms, with the fee reported to be in the region of 12m euros (10.5m pounds).
Sevilla announced on Tuesday that they had agreed to sell their 29-year-old captain to the 2015-16 Premier League champion.
Iborra has become a firm favourite with fans in southern Spain, making 172 appearances for Sevilla, scoring 30 goals and playing a major part of three successive Europa League triumphs.
Sevilla are no stranger to losing star names. Last season Jorge Sampaoli's men still managed to finish fourth despite top scorer Kevin Gameiro and midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak leaving.
However, without their influential director of football, Monchi, at the helm, and a new manager in place, it remains to be seen if they can stay successful after another summer exodus.
Iborra becomes Leicester’s second signing of the summer, following the addition of Harry Maguire from Hull City last month, and will link up with his new team-mates ahead of a pre-season training camp in Austria next week.
Leipzig boost frontline with Augustin recruit
Bundesliga runners-up RB Leipzig signed France youth international Jean-Kevin Augustin on Thursday, boosting their frontline before their first Champions League outing next season.
The 20-year-old signed a five-year deal worth a reported 13m euros ($14.7m) after rising through the youth ranks at Ligue 1 club Paris St Germain but earning only limited playing time in just over two years with the senior team.
He was warned, though, to expect fierce competition from existing forwards including Germany international Timo Werner for a starting spot at Leipzig.
Ambitious Leipzig, owned by energy drinks maker Red Bull, shot through the lower divisions before spectacularly finishing their first Bundesliga season in second place and earning an automatic Champions League group stage spot.
Robson-Kanu pens new West Brom contract
Wales striker Hal Robson-Kanu's Premier League future is assured after he signed a new contract with West Bromwich Albion on Thursday that sees him tied to the club until 2020.
The 28-year-old - who will forever be remembered for the extraordinary goal he scored in Wales' Euro 2016 quarter-final win over Belgium - only started five matches last season and made 30 appearances in all.
Robson-Kanu - whose initial contract last year was a two-year deal with the option of a third year - scored three times for the Baggies.
However, Robson-Kanu - who will compete with Salomon Rondon and new signing Jay Rodriguez for the striker spots - said he hadn't needed much convincing to sign the new deal.
Huddersfield continue signing spree with Malone recruit
Huddersfield Town have signed their ninth player in the current transfer window with defender Scott Malone joining the Premier League side from Championship team Fulham on a three-year deal, the West Yorkshire club announced.
The 26-year-old played in 42 matches last season in his first and only season at Fulham with his impressive performances earning him a spot in the Championship Team of the Year.
Fulham finished sixth in the league and reached the play-off semi-finals, where they lost to Reading.
Malone is the club's fifth recruit since Tuesday after the signings of forward Steve Mounie and midfielders Tom Ince, Danny Williams and Kasey Palmer.
Swansea sign Las Palmas midfielder Mesa
Swansea City have signed midfielder Roque Mesa from La Liga side Las Palmas in a four-year deal for a fee of 11m pounds ($14.25m), the Premier League club said on Thursday.
Mesa, 28, played over a 100 matches for Las Palmas since joining in 2010 and made 35 league appearances last season as the club ended their second season in 14th place in the Spanish top tier.
Mesa is Swansea's third signing this summer after Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham joined on a season-long loan and goalkeeper Erwin Mulder signed on a free transfer.
PSG to recruit Sociedad left-back Berchiche
Spanish left-back Yuri Berchiche is set to leave Real Sociedad for Paris Saint-Germain, the Basque club said on Thursday.
The 27-year-old would be PSG's first signing of the close season and a replacement for Brazilian Maxwell, who retired at the end of last season.
Berchiche, who joined Sociedad in 2012 before spending two years on loan at Eibar, scored three goals in 29 La Liga appearances last season.
He will compete with Layvin Kurzawa for a place in PSG coach Unai Emery's first XI, as the capital-city side look to bounce back from the disappointment of losing the Ligue 1 title to Monaco in May.
Berchiche started his career in England with Tottenham Hotspur, but failed to play a Premier League match.