• Wednesday, Jan 26, 2022
  • Last Update : 03:32 am

Prosecutors ask Neymar to give details about party

  • Published at 05:10 pm December 31st, 2020
Neymar
Neymar

However, Neymar’s media officer Day Crespo told Reuters the player “will not host any party this year, we are in the middle of a pandemic and he is with his friends and family”

Neymar has been asked to appear before Rio de Janeiro state prosecutors "urgently" to give a statement regarding reports he is holding a five-day New Year’s party for 150 guests, though the player's media officer has denied he is hosting any event.

Authorities said they had received several complaints about the event, which Brazilian media reported was being held at the player’s luxury condominium in Mangaratiba, around 105km down the coast from Rio.

State prosecutors said in a statement Neymar and the condominium's representatives had been asked to provide "details about the number of people invited, the party’s organization and the health measures adopted”.

However, Neymar’s media officer Day Crespo told Reuters the player “will not host any party this year, we are in the middle of a pandemic and he is with his friends and family”.

Crespo said the player had flown to the southern resort of Balneario Camboriu in Santa Catarina state. The 28-year-old posted a picture of himself on Instagram earlier on Wednesday which he tagged as being from Balneario Camboriu.

The player himself has not commented on the reported party since the news broke in Rio de Janeiro newspaper O Globo on Saturday.

After details of the event were revealed in the paper, the agency organising it said it would be subject to strict health rules to try to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

The event was private and all relevant permissions have been obtained, it added, without mentioning Neymar or the name of any host.

Earlier in the day, newspapers said guests had started arriving at the luxury condominium where the player owns property.

Reports said he had bought a disused hangar for the event and required all guests to give up their cell phones to prevent photos and videos leaking online.

The pandemic has killed more than 192,000 people in Brazil, a higher death toll than in any other country bar the United States.

On Wednesday alone, 1,194 people were reported to have died from COVID-19, the Health Ministry said.

The city of Rio de Janeiro, where millions of people gather each year on Copacabana beach to watch the world famous firework display every New Year's Eve, has cancelled this year’s event.


50
Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail